Joy of LIfe

Joy of LIfe
Joy of Life

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Breastfeeding Poncho

My baby girl is due to be borne on 24 November 2010. I plan to breastfeed her for as long as possible. Stories of friends breastfeeding for up to 5 years, even some as long as 12 years, are very encouraging. As my first child was breastfed for 1.5 months, and the second baby was breastfed for 11 months, I hope I would have the patience to breastfeed my youngest child for the longest time possible.

Thus, a project to knit my own breastfeeding poncho came to mind. It is a gift to myself to encourage me to breastfeed her. As I have a lot of stash available, I decided to use a yarn from my mom's unwanted blouse.

Unfortunately, halfway through the project, I discovered I ran out of yarn. A disappointing trip to the craft shop confirmed that the yarn has been out of stock and would not be replenished. I had to reduce to length of the poncho, and the end result came out a bit awkward, with one side a lot longer than the other.

In its imperfectness, it still offer the functionality of covering me up when I breastfeed. It is also a reminder to me, no one is perfect but...

BREASTFEEDING IS THE BEST GIFT TO A BABY.

No comments:

Post a Comment